Monday, November 30, 2020

Recap.

 Friday I ended up having to work the entire day.  But man it flew by.  A fun day for sure.  I was a bit on the tired and unmotivated side when I got home around 6:30 so I skipped riding.  It helped that I no longer had to work Saturday.  Plus Saturday was going to get close to the 50's.

Around 8:30 Saturday morning I jumped on the Evergreen and headed down County Road 8.  The winds were S/SW and not too bad.  Being more SW I decided yet another trip to the Ball of Twine (Darwin, MN) was in order.  I'm guessing this is the latest in the season that I've made a trip to the Ball.  

I switched up the route some, going more South before heading West.  I came in South of Darwin so I had to make my way back up.  Over the course of the ride I nabbed almost 14 new miles.

In all it's glory.
The Ride.

I was a bit surprised to find the gravel still a tad on the messy side.  While my bike isn't a complete mess I thought about bringing it and the Cutthroat (which is a mess) to the car wash.  But by the time I got home day light was disappearing fast.  Another day, maybe.  Not too many above freezing days left.  While I am longing for snow it was hard to complain when I was able to get out and enjoy the weather like I did.

That evening we had a fire out side and ordered take out from a locally owned small business.  A good day.

Sunday we planned on getting our Christmas Tree.  We get it from a farm near Pierz.  Just so happened it was a crazy windy day coming from the NW.  Perfect...I will bring the bike and ride home!
Got the tree, time to bike.

I went into the wind for 45 minutes or so.  My god that was rough.  No with the wind to warm up the legs, just straight into the 25mph+ winds.  But I more than made up for the struggle on the way home.  Zoom!
The Ride.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, decorating, cooking, grocery shopping, short walk, and bed.  Very fast, but great, day.

Heading out once I finish this on the Krampus to bop around on the trails.  We finally have a day below freezing...ice making weather!  If we don't get snow at least we can freeze the lakes to open up some more riding.

Happy Monday.










No comments: