Wednesday, December 02, 2020

N+1

 Apparently the biggest take away from the previous post was I have a Surly Krampus.  I had several people reach out or comment about it.  Yes, I have a Surly Krampus.  I bought the frame mid summer when I thought I would be commuting throughout the winter.  But with distance learning I don't have to share the car with Brinna.  I had most of the parts laying around so it utilized those parts, saving them from a life in a parts bin.  I did opt for a new handlebar, the Whisky Milhouse.  Honesty time...Monday was the first ride on the bike!  Not sure what the holdup was because it was a blast!  

Morning at Sand Prairie.  It's more fun with snow.
See the tiny iPhone pic of the moon?!

It's a very comfortable bike so far.  I'm really digging the handlebar as well.  All around fun bike.  I'm taking it out again this morning to the trails on the West side of the Mississippi.

Yesterday I was a bit short on time as I had a meeting.  Very reluctantly I got up a bit past 5.  As the weather cools and daylight shrinks I'm finding it harder to get out of bed some mornings.  There is always that moment of pause where I wonder if I should go back to sleep, ride the afternoon, skip riding, etc.  But as usual once I'm out riding I'm glad I did.  
I did the County Road 8, Silo, Franklin Loop...35 miles on the the Evergreen.  It was about 15 degrees at the start.  I don't like to ride drop bar bikes much colder than that.  My hands just don't like riding much colder than that without pogies.  Thus...Let It Snow!!

Happy Mid Week.




No comments: