Monday, December 07, 2020

More Mild Temperatures.

 Saturday was Global Fat Bike Day.  Usually we have a big group ride with gathering later that evening.  With Covid none of that happened.  I played with the idea of taking the Mukluk out but it has studded tires on, it was going to reach 40 degrees, and there was no snow.  Instead I grabbed the Evergreen with plans of finding more new to me roads.  The wind was going to be rotating throughout the day but primarily it was out of the West again.  Not wanting to mimic my ride on Thursday I headed out of town a different way.  I made my way out past Powder Ridge (looks like they have a few runs open) before heading mostly West.  

Anytime I came to a "T" in the road I'd head North, as the wind was later predicted NW.  Once through Rosco I started making my way back East and North to St. Joseph, then home.  I was able to get 10 new miles.

The Ride.

Sunday was a bit more of the same type of weather: overcast and above average temperatures.  The wind was NW/W.  I got an earlier start, a bit past 7.  When I left my house I had a different route in mind but the closer I got to 450th street it pulled my in.  So yeah, 450th street it was.

This has become my new norm on NW wind days.

When I come out this way I joke that there is no way to get home without going though Holdingford.  I was determined to make it far enough South before heading back East to avoid Holdingford.  However I realized I forgot to reload on food from the previous day so I was once again directed to Holdingford!

These are GOOD!

The Ride.

At home I showered and changed quickly.  Loaded up two bikes and took them to a car wash.  They were both in need of a good cleaning.  Then it was picking up dog poop, vacuuming, grocery shopping, dinner, and bed.  Onto Monday!










No comments: