Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Fresh Tracks.

 Monday and Tuesday I lucked out both days and rode freshly groomed single track.  Monday I hit up the North Loop.  I was the first one there making tracks, I even beat the walkers!  I did the loop till the crossover into Friedrich Park.  FP isn't groomed but gets lots of foot traffic so the path was pretty solid and fast.  There are a bunch of shorter trails running through the park.  Not all had been used yet since the snow on Saturday.  First tracks!

One such area of making first tracks.

After hitting all the trails at FP I headed back to the loop and finished it off.  It was the first time this winter that I did the entire loop.  I usually skip a section or two.  I had a bit more time so I headed down the the Race Track for a couple laps before heading home.
The Ride.

Tuesday morning I hit up the South Side Trails (River Bluffs and Plum Creek).  The Bluffs weren't groomed but in great shape from the walkers and bikers.  Even the Field of Dreams was running well...thanks to the skier.  Plum Creek had been groomed and was running great!  The groomer added some trails through the pine section as well.  More trail is always better!  Having a bit more time I did my abbreviated North Loop route (basically a straight shot to the Crossover Trail, which includes cutting out sections via some rouge trails) and a perimeter loop of FP.  Another great morning of riding.

The Ride.

Harper has school again today so I won't head out till she gets on the bus, a bit before 7:00.  Today I'll hit up Sand Prairie, mostly on the Toby Trails.  I can guarantee that these trails have not been groomed nor will they be smooth!

A couple months ago the Fat Pursuit race in Idaho switched from in person to virtual.  I signed up for the virtual as motivation, a sign of support, and with grandiose ideas of making a camping trip out of it with one or two friends.  Plus race swag is a sweatshirt!  I'm a sucker for sweatshirts.  Well snow never really came in the amounts I had hoped for.  I never did any planning as I was waiting for snow and here we are in the last week of the challenge.  I'm shooting for 200K tomorrow.  Honestly I'm not very excited for it.  I've done my century plus on the fat bike already this season.  Not too stoked to do it again on gravel roads.  I'm toying with the idea of biking to Bertram, riding a couple laps, and taking the long way home.  Maybe hitting up Warner Lake too.  Not having an agenda I will go with the flow and see what moves me at the time.  








No comments: