Friday, January 28, 2011

Staying the Course.

So I've been asked a few times how people can check in on how I'm doing or how I did in the Arrowhead 135.
Well new for this year they have a running results page on their site. It will track who gets into each checkpoint and when. It also shows when they leave. For your convenience I've added a link to this page on the right upper corner.
Your welcome! Oh and I'm #7.

I feel pretty much set and ready to roll. The final packing will occur tomorrow. I won't be packing it on the bike however, since there is a mandatory gear check in Sunday morning.

As the race nears I am getting more and more excited. More and more people also wish me good luck and well wishes. This gets me going and makes me want to do well. But my main goal is the same: finish. I still plan to take the start easy and let my body adjust itself to riding (about 30 minutes). If I go hard at the start I will sweat a lot...not good in sub freezing (zero) temps. After about 30 minutes my body regulates itself and I can up the pace as I see fit. This is my first Arrowhead, and as Mike says...not my last.

Monday here we come.

Later.

No comments: