Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Need To Move On.

My so called "saga" continues.
Didn't make the Monday Night Mountain Bike Ride last night and I pouted for a good amount of time. I scold my kids when they pout but when I don't get my way I do the same thing. Hmmm, lets stop and think here...!

We were at the cook out for a bit too long so time was the issue last night. Not only that but at cook outs "healthy" food is not abundant. So more fuel for my pouting.

I was just really bummed not to get out and ride. I really like to kick my goals, etc off on a Monday. A fresh, clean start to the week. Now I feel I'm in a hole and need to work myself out of it. What's my deal?
This is why I don't like to follow programs, etc. I go nuts trying to stick to the "plan". Any monkey wrench tossed in and I don't know what to do. This week was to be my "get ready week" to prepare for my "Quick Start" next week, leading into my eventual training. I may reconsider, since I tend to not know how to react to life's situation when they aren't written in the plan. I really do just want to ride and have fun and this may take away too much of the fun. I don't know. My training does need some focus but if this is how I react I say screw it and lets just ride when we can and enjoy it.

I won't get a ride in today either. Too much going on. As it stands I won't be doing everything that is on the Tuesday schedule.

But...it looks like a lot of riding is on tap for the rest of the week!
Wednesday will be a scouting and double check ride of this years Dirt Bag course.
Thursday is the rescheduled Tuesday Night Ride of last years and this years Dirt Bag course.
Friday...tbd.
Saturday a trail run?
Sunday a good MTB ride and hopefully finishing the patio so that is no longer hanging over my head.

Sorry for the pity party and sorry for all the "".

Later.

No comments: