Monday, December 17, 2012

Not as Planned...but Good.

My weekend didn't go as originally planned but it was a good one nonetheless.
Friday I did hit up some snowmobile trails NE of here.  At first they were not very good and I was thinking it was too early.  But a mile later the trail firmed up and it was as I remembered it...awesome.  Ended with a bit over 3 hours.

Saturday I had planned to bike to our tree guys place to meet the family and procure a Christmas Tree.  But it was raining and raining hard.  We cleaned and did stuff around the house...I pouted.  Rain in December hurts.  Then we thought maybe I could bike home from the tree farm but the rain still was coming.  While I know I can bike in the rain it wasn't very appealing.  It was on the verge of freezing, meaning anything that got wet would get me cold pretty damn fast.
It was decided to buy our tree locally from a lot.  The best part about this lot was it was next to Val's Rapid Serve hamburger joint...so yeah we loaded up!
Washing my sorrows away with calories.
Ended up going the the gym for an hour and doing a lot of Christmas shopping with Jen and Harper.
Bummed about not riding but glad to have spent the day with the family.  Fun stuff.

Sunday Chad, Charlie, and I rolled out on icy streets towards Plum Creek to check out the work of Mark and Jimmy.  I know I have mocked the idea of studded fat tires, but yes I have a pair and YES they rocked yesterday!
Plum Creek was very passable!  Fun times.  A few more passes with fat bikes and I bet regular sized bikes could jump on.
From here we hit some snowmobile trails running south out of St. Augusta.  At Clearwater we took Franklin back.  Almost 3.5 hours.
Then it was off to my folks to celebrate Christmas.

A good, fast weekend.

Later.

No comments: