Thursday, January 16, 2020

Derailed.

Yesterday I needed to work so arrangements were made with both sets of grandparents to watch Harper.  Her temp spiked on Tuesday to 101 or 102, can't remember, so we opted for one more day at home.  Thus I had the morning free.  I was up and out riding by 5:45 am.  I did a full lap and a then a half a lap before heading over to Friedrich Park.  With two days of fluff on the trails you can't go into the corners like last week but still so damn fun.  Ended with 1.5 hours.

At work John Egber's family stopped by with a replica of the sculpture they had placed at his crash (accident) sight.  This one is half size of the original.  So honored to have this at the shop.


I've been missing John more these days.  Our morning chats with coffee were always fun.

Yesterday Harpers temps stayed steady and within the school districts guidelines.  She so badly wants to go to school.  She seemed ready to go so we went to bed early and got up at regular school day time.  At the last minute she reluctantly had second thoughts with still having a stomach ache and a groovy runny nose.  Luckily I'm off today so we already have printed some Mandalas to color.  Bummer is I was planning on riding and acclimating to the cold weather, currently -16 without the windchill.  Oh well, I'll get out later.

No comments: