Friday, January 17, 2020

FRIDAY!

As mentioned in the last post I stayed home another day with Harper yesterday.  Thus my all day ride turned into riding when Jen got home.  So we read, colored, watched crap on the iPad, and colored.

 My handy work.

Once Jen got home I was able to head our for a ride.  I headed down county road 8, did a lap at Island View Park, continued on to Franklin, laid fresh tracks at most of the River Bluffs (slow going), and home.  It was chilly.  My outer thighs got damn cold on county road 8.  Once in the woods and putting down more effort I warmed up.  Nonetheless the thighs gave me a case of the "screaming barfies" when I got home.  A first for me, usually it's the hands or feet.  My feet did get cold but running a couple of times warmed them up nicely.

 Yep, a bit frosty.


Ride details.

We are in a winter storm warning at the moment.  Anywhere from 5-12 inches of snow is predicted with high winds into tomorrow.  School is already letting out 2 hours early.  I'm stoked for the snow but it will but a damper on riding this weekend.  Time to snowshoe and/or Hok Ski!  As such I don't think I'll hit my goal of 20 hours of ride time.  With next week being the week before Arrowhead I'll start to dial it back.



Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

Don Griggs said...

Nice work Ben!