Friday, April 03, 2020

Another Friday.

Wednesday afternoon it was warm but overcast and very windy.  Thursday and Friday looked to be wet and I offered to cover for someone at work on Thursday.  Thus I decided to ride Wednesday.  I didn't feel like riding and the first hour was a mental struggle to keep going.  The solid SE wind wasn't helping.  Once on gravel (first section of the Dirt Bag) I was somewhat sheltered and my attitude started to switch.  I kept switching the route I was planning on taking when I finally veered off the Dirt Bag course and kept heading into the wind.  Having new roads also helped amp my excitement.  It was getting to the time I figured I should turn for home but the roads kept pushing me further out.  Finally I was on my way west and north.  Tailwind!

Somewhere nearing the home stretch.

Shortly after the above photo was taken I ran into a system of rain.  It was odd as I could faintly see some stars and the moon through the clouds but yet it was rainning.  It was short but enough to wet the roads. My bike and I were pretty dirty at the end.

Ride details.

Thursday I got out early for a spin.  Nothing fancy.  Down country road 8, a few off chutes, and Franklin (gravel).  Nice way to start the day.  A bit over 2 hours.

A picture from earlier in the week to remind me that the sun does come out.

Off to work shortly.  The rain for Thursday and rain/snow for today all but missed us.  Yeah!  Nonetheless I'm pretty sure I'm laying low after work.  Save riding for the weekend.

Have a good one.

No comments: