Wednesday, April 01, 2020

At the top of the week.

I shouldn't be but I'm tired, mentally tired.  If I didn't have the drive to keep biking I'd be a lazy mess in front of the TV.  I thought it would be great to have the family home with all activities canceled. Riding would come easy.  But pretty much the opposite.  I'd rather stay home with the family.  When I do go on rides I feel guilty about being gone.  But being such a nut job I know the guilt of not riding and the sour mood it would put me in would be worse than the guilt I get from riding.  Ha!  Weirdo for sure.  Thus I try and switch up the times I ride.

Monday was gorgeous.  I rode in the afternoon.  I rode without gloves and just bib shorts for the first time this year.  I took the Moots out to switch up the bikes I'm riding.  Plus it had road pedals on and I much prefer those to mtb pedals.  The Moots has 35mm tires, which were a bit too narrow for the wet weekend we had.  Plus the county laid some new gravel.  It was a bit slow going, but great fun nonetheless.

Tuesday I got up early to ride before work.  It was just at freezing.  This time I was back on the Evergreen, although it was an all paved route.  I rode out to the Sherburne Wildlife Refuge and back. While getting up earlier has been hard lately it pays off the rest of the day.



Monday's Ride.

Tuesday's Ride.

I usually take Wednesday off from riding but rain/snow seems to be moving in Thursday and Friday.  Not sure yet but guessing I'll ride this afternoon some.  At the moment is appears another great day is on tap.


No comments: