Friday, September 18, 2020

Survived Week 1 of Hybrid Learning.

 Well we made it through the first week of hybrid learning.  We are still dialing in a routine, if such a thing exists during this time, and really taking it day by day.  Today all students are home, teachers too, thus I get to ride early! Not sure if that is a good of bad thing.

Yesterday the wind was light and out of the E/NE.  I did my route out to Milaca.  I intended to stay South of Hwy 23 past 169 and hit the WMA but the roads I took brought me back across 169 before crossing 23. I hit familiar roads heading North before moving back East and across 169, again.  Near the WMA crews were out laying fresh gravel.  So if I wasn't fishtailing through soft gravel I was holding my breathe as semis passed kicking up tons of dust.  It was only for a mile or two but it was enough.  

I crossed 169 one last time as I made my way back West and South.  There wasn't much wind at all so the tailwind didn't seem to helpful.  I made a conscious effort to not get stuck in taking a familiar route back.  The roads I took I had been on but not in the succession. 

It always amazes me that once I hit gravel, about 30 minutes into the ride, I am on gravel most of the ride. I can't really do that from any other direction.  It does lack anything in the way of elevation but I'm ok with that!

Lots of this!


The Ride.

This morning the wind is E/SE.  Unlike yesterday I'm guessing I will hit little gravel on my ride.  The plan is to hit the Silo Route and Briggs Lake.

The Dirt Bag announced a virtual ride/race for this year instead of an in person event.  It starts today and goes for a month.  I think I may tackle the 100 mile distance tomorrow.

Happy Weekend.


No comments: