Friday, April 16, 2021

Gloomy Day Riding.

 Finally a Thursday I didn't have to wait for it stop raining, to warm up,  or have obligations on the front or backend of the ride. Harper got on the bus and I got ready to ride.  I was out riding a bit past 7:30.  

The wind was once again out of the NW.  A new wind direction would be nice someday.  Having done my "go to" route with NW winds several times already I opted to switch it up a bit.  I headed East first before heading North.  Jen's parents have a cabin they rent seasonally on Platte Lake north of Hillman. Seemed liked a good destination.  I stayed just south of their cabin and hugged the south shoreline.  

The further North I got the sloppier the gravel got.  They received much more snow than us.  I actually saw snow in the ditches in a few spots.  Zigging and zagging did put me north of Platte Lake.  From there I made a push westward and eventually south.  I crossed HWY 361 at Camp Ripley.  I stopped to top off the hydration pack and grab some food.  I had a pizza with meat!!  Not that I "wanted" to, I would have gladly had cheese but gas stations never have that available, but I figure it's a form of training.  At Unbound XL (formerly DKXL) we are on our own and use gas stations for food.  I craved something hot and savory so much last time but the middle of Kansas isn't too vegetarian friendly, ha!  So I skipped any food last time.  I decided I will eat what they have this time but don't want my stomach to "freak" out and give me issues.  So yeah...I was "training"!

Training.

From the gas station it was mostly a tailwind ride home.  While I didn't have an early afternoon obligation I did have to get Harper from KidStop and to gymnastics for pictures by 5:45.  At this point I headed home the most direct route.

The Ride.

Once again the wind is out of the NW, albeit lightly...at the moment.  I plan on riding up to Rice and back on the the other side of the River.  NW winds tomorrow as well.  But...West winds on Sunday.  Plus, get this, maybe some sun?!!

Happy Weekend.




No comments: