Monday, April 19, 2021

Weekend Riding.

 Saturday my plan was to ride about 4 hours, leaving me a bunch of time to do some yard work and such.  I left home about 8:00 on the T6 Rando.  Once again we had a NW wind, so it was back up the River Road to Rice.  The thought was to take 450th to the Soo Line/Wobegon.  Jump on the trail to Holdingford, Albany, and home.  But at the intersection of the trails and 450th I opted to push on to the end of 450th.

It was a really nice day and I was feeling good.  Onward I went.  I basically made it to Gray Eagle before making a turn South.  I popped out in Freeport, where I jumped on the trail. Well now I was getting close to 100 miles.  Not the plan but when one gets close to 100 miles one has to finish the deed!  Thus I ended up going further South than needed to stack on some miles.  

Mission accomplished.

I still had plenty of time for yard work.  The blisters on my hands can prove it.  

Sunday the wind switched to the West with a bit of SW tossed in.  Saturday I had got the Cutthroat ready (removed studded tires, etc) for a ride.  So around 8:30 (I took Toby for a ride first) I was off.  I made my way to Rockville, Cold Spring, Richmond, and Rosco.  I took the Glacial Lakes Trail for a good portion of that.  It's a nice way to get West fast and easy.  At Rosco I jumped on Cty Rd 16.  I usually turn off it fairly early but I rode it out into the increasing wind.  Eventually it turned to gravel and onward I went.  When I got near Belgrade I made my way North and a bit more West.  I jumped on the Dairy Land Trail (non paved path) and took it to it's end a bit past Greenwald.  

The wind was really whipping now.  Tailwinds were great but if heading any other direction than with the wind and I was leaning into it.  I was trying to avoid the Wobegon Trail as it was sure to be busy but time was getting away from me and that would be the fastest way back.  I managed to avoid it till Avon.  In St. Joe I jumped off and headed in the STC the back way.  Go figure...a 3 trail system ride.

The Ride.

I got some chores done before heading back out to clean the Seven that was used in the rain a couple weeks ago.  The predicted afternoon front was moving in.  Crazy NW winds, dropping temps and rain.  I managed to get the bike clean and put away but while power washing the porch steps (Jen's wish) I was getting wet from the rain and back spray of the power washer.  But I must admit the steps do look much better!

While letting Toby out this morning there were flurries in the air.  Monday is looking cold and windy.  Thinking some MTBing this morning, plus the commute into work.

Happy Week.




No comments: