Monday, April 26, 2021

More of the same weather.

 Our fun weather pattern continues.  Saturday morning, letting Toby out, I was hit in the face with snow!  Albeit not much, nor was it sticking, but it was snowing then raining.  Ugh.  A quick look at the weather app showed it was to end soonish and eventually become sunny.  But none too warm and again with the NW winds.  I did some chores around the house and took Toby for a ride.  It's about a 2 mile loop that I do with him but I extended this one an additional two miles or so.  By now it was mostly sunny, the roads were drying up, but still on the chilly side. 

About 11:45 I shoved off on the Evergreen.  I took the westside River Road towards Little Falls.  Before LF I jumped on some gravel heading West.  I continued West and North, crossing Hwy 27, Dove Road, nearing the Dos Pistolas.  I was getting close the the Double Guns used as a gate so figured that would be my turn around point.  I knew the general area and the road, 270th street.  I hit 270th street and rode the duration of it.  No guns?!  I guessed 270th would start up further West but I was running low on time.  No Dos Pistolas.  Looking at a map when I got home confirmed my suspicions.  I was a mile or so from them when I turned for home.

Grader I encountered on the way out.

The tail wind was very welcome and helpful.  I stopped in St Stephen for a refuel on the liquids and finished the ride around 7:00.  I much prefer to ride earlier but this was a good ride.

The Ride.

Sunday was dry in the morning but precipitation (rain and/or snow was predicted later) but very gloomy.  But hey...it was a SE wind!  After cleaning up the kitchen, making cinnamon rolls, and taking Toby for a ride I headed out on the Evergreen once again.  This time much earlier, 8:30.  I took cty road 8 to the Silo, Becker, and almost the Sherburne Wildlife Refuge.  I cut North beforehand.  

Lots of tree farms out this way.  Feels closer to Christmas than Summer.

Not much for gravel on this route so I made quick time getting home.  For being a gloomy day the ride sure was good.
The Ride.

The rest of the day was spent watching baseball on and off, cleaning, and getting ready for the week.  We all went for a walk at some point.  We were hit with some snow squalls.  Crazy!  Took Toby for a ride to my folks and back as well.  Damn dog doesn't tire!

It rained some overnight and is lightly raining now.  I'm taking an easy week.  May ride, may not ride it the motto this week.  Thursday is looking nice and I'm off so yes I will do a longer ride that day.  

Go time.






No comments: