Friday, April 30, 2021

SUN!

 Starting on Wednesday the sun has come out to play!  I'm usually not one to long for the sun but we've had a long stretch of gloomy days.  Thursday I grabbed the Twin Six Rando and headed up the River Road to Little Falls.  Yep, we have sun but still that NW wind.

In the open sections the wind was kicking my butt.  Slow going for sure.  From Little Falls I made my way to Randall, crossed hwy 10, and proceeded West for a good chuck.  It was here I decided to find the Dos Pistolas (house with two larger than life pistols used as a gate).  Last weekend I ran out of time getting to the guns.  Plus the road they are on seemingly separates, making two 270th streets.  I was on the wrong one.  This time I found the right 270th and found the gate.  No pictures, just a ride by.

The grumbling and cursing heading into the wind was now gone and I was cruising home with a tailwind. I wasn't in a huge time crunch but did have an appointment at 4:40 for my 2nd vaccination shot.  

The Ride.

Today is a bit nuts.  It's Harper's birthday.  She has gymnastics at 4:15.  Brinna and Avery have a track meet at 4.  Post track meet Birthday celebration at our house with grandparents.  With only two cars we are doing a juggling act today.  I'm biking to work but the big girls are picking me up on the way to thte track meet.  I'm dropping them off, getting Harper, bringing her to gymnastics, then over to the track meet and so on.  Zoom!

Happy Weekend....it's going to be hot!


No comments: